2017 Ozark Blues Society
Best Self-Produced CD Competition
Ozark Blues Society of Northwest Arkansas
would like to announce the opening
of submissions for this year's Best
Self-Produced CD competition. Deadline for
OBS to receive your entry is October 7, 2017. PLEASE NOTE: Just as required
for our Blues Challenge at least one member of act whose CD is being submitted must be a member of Ozark Blues Society. If you are not currently a member, please use the link below to join prior to submitting your CD for consideration.
The winner of our regional competition will be announced at our Blues
Challenge on October 27, 2017. The winning artist will be awarded a $25 cash prize by OBS
and their CD will be submitted to the Blues Foundation's 2018 Best
Self-Produced CD competition. Please read on for rules and information
on how to submit your entry.
Member Sign Up Page
From the Blues Foundation....
Best Self-Produced Official Rules:
- Entries for the Best Self-Produced CD are permitted by Blues Foundation Affiliated Organizations only.
- Each Affiliate is permitted one entry.
- The CD entered may be recorded and performed by an act other than is entered in the current year’s International Blues Challenge.
- Compilations are not eligible.
- Only CDs released between November 1, 2016 and October 31, 2017 are eligible for consideration as The 2018 Best Self-Produced CD.
- While we encourage a competition at the Affiliate level to determine the CD it will sponsor for Best Self-Produced CD, we do not require one. If an Affiliate does not conduct a competition to determine who it will sponsor but instead appoints a CD, that CD may not include a board member or officer of the sponsoring Affiliated organization.
- A performer who has previously been nominated for a Blues Music Award (formerly the W.C. Handy Blues Award) shall not be eligible for this competition. A CD issued in the name of an otherwise eligible performer which also includes the contributions of a Blues Music Award nominee may be ineligible, depending on the extent of the contribution. Please contact The Blues Foundation directly to confirm eligibility.
- A CD on a record label that has been previously nominated for a Blues Music Award (formerly the W.C. Handy Blues Award) shall not be eligible for this competition.
- Judging will take place in three rounds. Judges will remain anonymous in order to protect them from outside influences and represent a cross-section of professionals from the blues radio and print industry. The final results will be announced at the finals of the International Blues Challenge on Saturday, January 20, 2018 held at the historic Orpheum Theatre in Memphis, TN. Finalists do NOT need to attend the IBC.
Judges will evaluate each submitted CD on the following characteristics. The criteria considered are listed in order of importance.
(1) Blues Content
(2) Musical Performance
(3) Audio Quality and Production Value of the Recording
(4) Professionalism and Visual Appearance of Cover Art and Design
(5) Credits and Liner Note Information.
To submit your entry, please send 8 copies of your CD to:
Ozark Blues Society
c/o Sandy McCann
1680 N Viewpoint Dr.
Fayetteville AR 72701-2544
Entries must be received no later than October 7, 2017.
Questions? Email Sandy HERE